After the morning worship service on August 6, everyone had a chance to meet and greet fellow church members, new and old, as FPCL pulled out all the stops and celebrated the many missions provided and hosted by this vibrant community. There was food, fun, and lots of information shared about the many opportunities for TIME and TALENT at First Presbyterian Church of Littleton!
Note from Pastor Cody
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
I hope you are as excited as I am to see so many ways that Jesus is at work in our midst! The Opportunity Fair has given us a chance to highlight all the ways to be a part of this little corner of God’s Kingdom.
If you are overwhelmed by all the options, let me simplify it for you. You can see our new church logo on the right. This tree helps us imagine our faith in three different phases.
- Rooted: We all need a strong foundation of faith in Jesus, and we all need deep relationships to help us be who God made us to be.
- Growing: If you’re thirsty out in the woods, would you rather drink from a pool of stagnant water or a quickly-flowing stream? Our faith helps us the most when we are being encouraged and challenged to grow.
- Branching Out: Jesus sent his disciples out to make a difference in their city (Jerusalem), in their state (Judea), with their challenging neighbors (Samaria), and to the ends of the world (Acts 1:8). Be Jesus’ hands and feet by serving inside the church our in our lovely community.
If you want to cut through all the noise, think about this tree.
- Do you have a way of developing a strong foundation of faith and relationships?
- Do you have something that encourages you to grow in your faith?
- Do you have a way to put your faith into practice by serving?
My Prayers go with you as you become a full, thriving tree!
In Christ’s Service Together,